Our quality, environment and safety management systems play an important part in our organisation. They ensure that our sustainable approach is firmly embedded throughout our organisation.
Indaver consciously adopts certified management systems for all its operations, both at its own sites and those of TWM customers.
- Indaver’s Belgian sites have been ISO 9001 certified since1991.
- In 1997 Indaver was the first waste treatment company in Belgium to obtain an ISO 14001 certificate.
- As from 2010 Indaver has adopted the international OHSAS 18001 standard for all its Belgian sites – its own as well as TWM sites. It is the safety counterpart of the ISO 9001 standard for quality and ISO 14001 standard for the environment.
Besides the introduction of uniform and integrated management systems, it is also important to audit the implementation of these management systems with scrupulous regularity.
- External audits are carried out by independent certification agencies. They are usually conducted as part of the process of monitoring and renewing ISO certification.
- Internal audits are carried out by specially trained Indaver employees. They audit not only the various Indaver sites, but also our external treatment centres. They focus on aspects including waste flow traceability and full compliance with legislation.
- Customer audits usually occur during the acceptance procedure of Indaver as a waste partner or during the regular supplier assessments.
- Government agencies such as OVAM, VMM and LNE Environmental Inspection monitor our licences and discharges to air and water on a regular basis.