Indaver strives to achieve minimal impact on people and the environment in all its operations. We are continually investing in new technologies and methods in order to further reduce our emissions into air, water and soil.
Gas washing installations purify the atmospheric emissions from treatment facilities. They reduce the concentration of hazardous substances in the emitted flue gases to the legally required minimum.
Indaver exercises strict supervision at all its sites to ensure compliance with all legal provisions. In addition, our own people take the necessary preventive and technical measures to curb the risk of soil and groundwater pollution.
- All operations take place on hard standing surfaces.
- At high-risk locations, additional soil protection or an additional liquid-proof floor is laid.
- Storage tanks are installed above ground within containment bunds and equipped with the requisite monitoring and alarm systems.
- Periodic inspections reduce risks and detailed protocols enable us to carry out the appropriate actions swiftly.
Indaver consumes water sparingly and rationally and makes every effort to restrict the use of mains water as much as possible.
- A substantial proportion of the rainwater that falls on our sites is collected and put to good use.
- Process water is re-used where appropriate.
- Our site in Doel has a zero-emission statute. Only sanitation and uncontaminated water may be discharged.
- Our Antwerp site has its own water purification plant.
Indaver is systematically reducing the use of fossil fuels in all its operations. We are committed to reducing CO2 emissions in all our operations:
- Treatment facilities. By maximum recovery of energy from waste that is treated thermally, we supply a great deal of steam and electrical power to neighbouring businesses or onto the grid. As a result our site in Doel has earned climate-neutral status.
- Logistics. We invest in environmentally-friendly goods vehicles, calculate optimised routes and promote responsible driving behaviour by our drivers.
- Support operations. We encourage employees to be energy-conscious in their use of heating and lighting in our offices.